Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) is a leading provider of governance and responsible investment solutions to the global financial community. ISS-ESG comprises ISS-Ethix, ISS-oekom and Climate Solutions.
Established in 1999 and acquired by Institutional Shareholder Services Inc, (ISS) in 2015, ISS-Ethix works closely with investors to align responsible investment policies and practices with shareholder interest. ISS-Ethix, together withits sister research unit ISS-oekom, offers expertise across a full range of environmental, social and governance issues, having worked with leading asset owners and asset managers over the past 15 years to design tailored solutions and develop products.
For more than 30 years now, ISS has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
ISS is a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values through your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions is seeking a specialist to join its Stockholm-based team immediately. Successful candidates will have a background both in quantitative and qualitative analysis, experience with environmental impact analysis, and exhibit a passion for the responsible investment business with a focus on climate change. The candidate should have a collaborative approach to work and a track record of project management and problem solving while working with high attention to detail. The successful candidate will manage the implementation of mandates relating to potential avoided emission assessments of investments as well as climate impact analysis across asset classes. This includes interactions with colleagues and clients from around the globe.
ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions is a unit within the responsible investment business of ISS-Ethix. As investors seek to gain a better understanding of their exposure to climate-related risks, ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions provides data, analytics and advisory services to support financial market participants and governments to understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks and its impact on investments across all asset classes. ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions is a market leader within its field and highly innovative.
- Manage the implementation of avoided emissions assessments
- Conduct climate impact analysis of investment portfolios across asset classes
- Support sales with client requests
- Support colleagues and clients on advisory offerings of ISS-Ethix Climate Solutions including support on day to day communications, operations and report writing.
- Support team with quantitative analysis and research on climate strategies of companies.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience relating to data analysis and environmental impact assessment
- Advanced university degree ideally in engineering or environmental science, expertise (professional or academic) in financial topics is a bonus
- Demonstrated experience (professional or academic) in GHG-accounting, carbon footprinting and Life Cycle Analysis is a requirement
- Excellent oral and written command of English (Swedish, French or German is a bonus)
- Very strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to act as a team member in a multicultural environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and an excellent command of Excel (knowledge of VBA preferred)
- Programming expertise highly welcome
The Financial Sector Union of Sweden (Finansförbundet) is a trade union for employees in the financial sector in Sweden. If you have any questions related to union issues, please send an email to [email protected] We will forward directly your email to the union representative of the ISS-Ethix’ Finansförbundet union club.