Reporting to the Executive Director, the Clear Water Program Director engages Wisconsin businesses—including agricultural producers, retailers, breweries, etc.—in water stewardship and advocacy. The Clear Water Program Director will oversee and scale two existing initiatives, the Clear Water Business Consortium and the Clear Water Farms program. Developing both programs will be central to this role, with an emphasis on Clear Water Farms, which encourages water stewardship among agricultural producers and leverages River Alliance supporters as consumer advocates. We seek to transform the agriculture industry, using market forces, to one that prioritizes healthy and sustainable local water resources as the foundation of profitable farm operations in Wisconsin.
Essential Professional and Personal Qualifications
• Strong commitment to water conservation and environmental protection
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
• Knowledge of and familiarity with agricultural production and supply chains
• Collaborative approach to working with government and other stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in program implementation, development and management
• Demonstrated experience engaging businesses or other stakeholders in behavior change
• Background in building networks and managing diverse partners
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel statewide and attend occasional evening and weekend events
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or background in natural resources
• Valid driver’s license
• Desire to laugh out loud and have fun!
• Experience working with agricultural producers and processors
• Knowledge of various approaches to addressing water quality issues
• Familiarity with water policy and related issues, particularly in the Midwest
• Knowledge of effective behavior change principles and approaches
• Grant writing and grant management experience
• Direct and scale the ongoing design and implementation of the Clear Water Farms pilot program, with partners from the agricultural industry, academia, and government
• Direct and scale the existing Clear Water Business Consortium, to activate local businesses to support water-friendly practices and policy
• Contribute to communications and marketing needs in collaboration with teammates
• Manage program budgets and associated contracts
• Identify funding opportunities and partnerships to scale the Clear Water programs
This position is full time and based in Madison, WI. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package, an energetic work environment, and the chance to work with passionate board members, staff and advocates committed to clean fresh water.
Please submit letter of interest, resume and three references to [email protected]. Applications may also be mailed to: Clear Water Program Director, River Alliance of Wisconsin, 147 S. Butler St., Suite 2, Madison, WI 53703. No calls, please. Application deadline is June 30, 2018 or until the position is filled. River Alliance of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer.