Responsibilities and tasks:
- The IHFE will technically work in a cooperative manner with the Head of Flood Center and National focal point attached to each NMCs; and will be strategically guided by the MRCS and TD Management. The IHFE will be particularly supported by a Professional Officer (PO) of OCEO, regarding basic formation, layout, structuring, reference information, editing etc.
- For the specific flood data related information, support will be provided from TD and through the RFMMC in Phnom Penh.
Qualifications and requirements:
- The IHFE must have a MSc. or PhD level university degree in a field of study closely related to water engineering, i.e., hydrology, hydraulics, flood forecasting, analysis of changes in flood behavior and flood-drought assessment on disaster management and/or integrated water resources management;
- The IHFE must have proven long-term experience in a field closely related to, i.e., hydrology, hydraulics and flood disaster management;
- The IHFE must have a minimum of 15-20 years working experience in the field of integrated water resources management, irrigation and drainage and/or disaster/flood management and mitigation;
- The IHFE must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in working in one or more MRC Member Countries;
- The IHFE must have been working with modern technology for collection, processing and presentation of data and information;
- The IHFE must have general knowledge and experience with remote sensing imaging, satellite imaging, GIS mapping and experience with designing and writing general reports, including structuring, editing, presenting, documenting and designing lay-out;
- The IHFE must have good general understanding of meteorological/hydrological processes, hydraulic and hydrodynamic processes, topo-hydrographic conditions, generating and/or affecting flood conditions; and
- The IHFE must have a good general understanding of the needs for meteorological, hydrological and hydraulic data collection, hydrologic and hydraulic/hydrodynamic modeling, flood forecasting and early warning processes to reduce the vulnerability of the communities living in the LMB.
- The consultant must speak and write English well, TOEIC of 600-700 is required.
More details of the position can be found in the Terms of Reference. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) online MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 09 July 2018