Qualifications / Requirements:
- The national data collection expert must have a university degree in a field of study closely related to hydrology and integrated water resources management;
- The national data collection expert must have a minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of integrated water resources management, irrigation and drainage and/or disaster/flood management and mitigation;
- The national data collection expert must have been working with modern technology for collection, processing and presentation of data and information; he/she must have general knowledge and experience with remote sensing imaging, satellite imaging, GIS mapping and experience with writing general reports;
- The national data collection expert must have good general understanding of meteorological-hydrological processes, hydrological and hydraulic processes, topo-hydrographic conditions;
- The national data collection expert must have some understanding of the needs for hydrologic and hydraulic data collection, and warning processes to reduce the vulnerability of the communities living in the LMB;
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Great advantage is for those who provided similar service in the past.
- The consultant must speak and write English well, TOEIC of 600-700 is required.
More details of the position can be found in the Terms of Reference. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) online MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 09 July 2018