Qualifications / Requirements:
- at least MSc level university degree in a field of study closely related to water engineering, i.e., hydrology, hydraulics, flood plain analysis and flood disaster management and/or integrated water resources management;
- proven long-term experience in a field closely related to hydrology, hydraulics, floodplain analysis and flood disaster management;
- a minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of integrated water resources management, irrigation and drainage and/or disaster/flood management and mitigation;
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in working in one or more MRC Member Countries and previously was contracted for the reports as advantage;
- have been working with modern technology for collection, processing and presentation of data and information;
- general knowledge and experience with remote sensing imaging, satellite imaging, GIS mapping and experience with designing and writing general reports, including structuring, editing, presenting, documenting and designing lay-out;
- good general understanding of meteorological/hydrological processes, hydrological and hydraulic/hydrodynamic processes, topo-hydrographic conditions, generating and/or affecting flood conditions; and
- good general understanding of the needs for hydrologic and hydraulic data collection, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and flood forecasting and warning processes to reduce the vulnerability of the communities living in the LMB;
- good inter-personal, communication, presentation and reporting skills;
- good advantage for the past national hydrology/flood expert. Strong inter-personal and communication skills and English proficiency in writing and speaking (TOIEC level is preferable).
More details of the position can be found in the Terms of Reference. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) online MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 09 July 2018