This position supports the PPIC Water Policy Center and its mission to spur innovative water management solutions that are informed, pragmatic, and attentive to human and environmental needs. This position reports to the WPC’s Associate Center Director.
- The Center Administrator supports the Center Director and Associate Center Director in all aspects of operations for the Water Policy Center, assuming primary responsibility for:
- the management and upkeep of the center’s contacts and distributions; event planning including public events, workshops, and internal meetings;
- processing and tracking contracts and expenses;
- overseeing general administration of the center activities.
- The Center Administrator will support the Associate Center Director and other PPIC staff in budget tracking, grant proposals and reporting, measurement and evaluation, and development.
- The Center Administrator participates in the implementation of the Center’s engagement, evaluation, and fundraising strategy.
- The Center Administrator serves as the key contact for the center’s advisory council and communicates, coordinates, and collaborates with key staff across PPIC, and participates in selected institute committees and working groups.
- Solid organizational skills and computer skills including the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Salesforce are needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential for communicating on behalf of the center.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to work individually and as a team member, to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are needed.
- At least two years of administrative experience involving senior management and event management is required, as well as a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience .
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with our mission and goals.
This position will be based at PPIC’s offices in downtown San Francisco.
At the time of your application, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing the match between your abilities and the qualifications outlined in this position description. Applications will be considered as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled.
PPIC offers its employees competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, PPIC is committed to excellence through diversity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply. AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.