This position provides research assistance at PPIC’s Water Policy Center. Responsibilities include (but are not necessarily limited to) performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, organizing and maintaining databases, conducting literature searches, abstracting documents, and presenting research results. This position is located in PPIC’s San Francisco office.
- Analyze and code quantitative data.
- Conduct statistical analyses of data. Includes organizing and maintaining databases and preparing analyses, charts, tables, graphs, and maps.
- Conduct qualitative analysis of data.
- Perform literature searches, prepare and annotate bibliographies and abstract data source materials.
- Contact government agencies and other organizations to request data and other program information.
- Provide editorial support for manuscripts.
- Present research results. May include preparing written reports as well as presenting results in seminars and other forums.
- Exercise initiative in providing research assistance.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in economics, environmental science, political science, public policy, sociology or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid computer skills:
- Knowledge of STATA or another statistical package is required.
- Knowledge of GIS software and Adobe Illustrator is desirable.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, along with proven analytical ability, will be important assets.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail will be important factors for success.
- Demonstrated interest in applied policy research and water issues is required; experience or interest in other policy areas is a plus.
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our research staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with the institute’s mission, values, and goals.
Applications will be considered as they are received. Please tailor your cover letter to highlight how your credentials meet the qualifications listed above. Submit your cover letter as a text document in the field provided, and include your resume as an attachment to the application.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, PPIC is committed to excellence through diversity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply. AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.