You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative on WASH sector in Niger
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in WASH sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on WASH technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on WASH
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the WASH sector in Niger;
- Analyse the activities in the WASH sector and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead WASH project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the WASH sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches
2.Internal WASH Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent WASH strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention in Niger
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different WASH projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Project Managers about main WASH issues, and updating them on a regular basis.
- Organize internal WASH meetings on a monthly basis.
- Define WASH project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to WASH projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the WASH sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other WASH staff to implement the ACTED WASH projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with WASH technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of the WASH sector staff members
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and WASH best practices
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the WASH project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on WASH
Expected skills and qualifications
- Degree in relevant field of expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Join our team today! Send your application in just a few steps. It will be quickly and carefully considered.
Alternatively, send your application by email under Ref: WASHTC/NIG