Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist position in a USAID funded program in Central Africa; with the position based in a Central African country.
The purpose of the Environmental Policy and Capacity Support Activity is to build capacity for local, national and regional civil society, private sector and governments to identify, prioritize and pursue policy goals and actions that result in biodiversity conservation and reduced deforestation in the countries of Central Africa. In addition, this contract will build strong links between policy, capacity and landscape activities among a broad range of partners, including local and private sector partners and establish or strengthen models that address threats to biodiversity at a large scale.
*Provide strategic guidance and leadership to define and oversee the implementation of the knowledge management and learning (KML) strategy.
*Guide capacity building team to strengthen the capacity of institutional partners and stakeholders at the landscape, provincial and national levels.
*Define and lead the process to identify, evaluate and document best practices in environment, biodiversity conservation, and natural resource management.
*Guide communications team to define and implement a communications plan.
*Engage stakeholders and communities of practice via knowledge management platforms and communications.
* Bachelors and/or advanced degree in biodiversity, natural resource management, education, communications, or related field required;
* At least 7 years of professional experience planning, coordinating and driving capacity development efforts in natural resource management sector required;
* Demonstrated capacity to initiate, coordinate, and facilitate learning among technical staff and stakeholders required;
* Strong writing skills required;
* Experience working with communications and capacity building teams to scale up best practices required;
* Proven ability to manage teams remotely;
* Experience in designing and facilitating learning events desired;
* Outstanding intercultural communications and interpersonal skills desired;
* Fluency in French required;
* Fluency in English preferred;
* Prior experience working on donor funded projects in Central Africa; direct experience in Democratic Republic of Congo or other Central African country preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.