Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator position in a USAID funded program in Central Africa to be based in Kinshasa.
The purpose of the Environmental Policy and Capacity Support Activity is to build capacity for local, national and regional civil society, private sector and governments to identify, prioritize and pursue policy goals and actions that result in biodiversity conservation and reduced deforestation in the countries of Central Africa. In addition, this contract will build strong links between policy, capacity and landscape activities among a broad range of partners, including local and private sector partners and establish or strengthen models that address threats to biodiversity at a large scale.
The MEL Coordinator will work with program staff and partners to coordinate the systematic and standardized collection, analysis, and interpretation of the project’s performance results and geographic information from the project’s targeted implementation areas.
* Minimum of a graduate degree in monitoring and evaluation, biodiversity conservation, environmental governance or policy, natural resource management, local capacity development, and/or protected areas management required;
* At least 5 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation areas required;
* Outstanding intercultural communications skills required;
* Excellent data management experience and skills with spreadsheets required;
* Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
* Experience in mobile data collection preferred;
* Experience with quantitative analysis of data preferred;
* Experience in geographic information systems preferred;
* Fluency in French required;
* Knowledge of English preferred;
* Prior experience working on donor funded projects in Central Africa preferred;
* Experience in Democratic Republic of Congo of other Central African country is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.