Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Technical Specialists positions in a USAID-funded program in Central Africa. Specialists are sought in the areas of: Protected Areas Management, Community-based Natural Resource Management, Land and Resource Rights, GIS and Cartography, REDD+, Countering Wildlife Trafficking, Natural Resource Law and Policy, Sustainable Forest Management; and Conflict Resolution.
The purpose of the Environmental Policy and Capacity Support Activity is to build capacity for local, national and regional civil society, private sector and governments to identify, prioritize and pursue policy goals and actions that result in biodiversity conservation and reduced deforestation in the countries of Central Africa. In addition, this contract will build strong links between policy, capacity and landscape activities among a broad range of partners, including local and private sector partners and establish or strengthen models that address threats to biodiversity at a large scale.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the Technical Specialists will be directly responsible for managing teams, leading consultations with communities, and producing technical documents to support project implementation.
* Minimum of a graduate degree in biodiversity conservation, environmental governance or policy, natural resource management, local capacity development, and/or protected areas management required;
* At least 7 years of professional experience in field of study related to biodiversity conservation, environmental governance or policy, natural resource management, local capacity development, community conservation, countering wildlife trafficking, REDD+, protected areas management and/or a related field required;
* Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
* Prior experience working on donor funded projects in Central Africa; direct experience in Democratic Republic of Congo or other Central African country preferred;
* Fluency in French required;
* Proficiency in English desired;
* Outstanding intercultural communications skills desired.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* CV in reverse chronological format
*Employee Biographical Data Sheet (EBD)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.