Chief Scientist, Research and Policy is responsible to lead WWF Hong Kong in conservation science and research projects, advising and mentoring the Assistant Directors and research teams in their field projects. This involves supporting the CEO on the conservation strategy and policy initiatives and programme delivery. The position supports research work on Oceans habitat protection and water resource and wetlands management by WWF with its research partners across the Asia Pacific Region.
- Chief Scientist, Research and Policy in liaison with the Chair of the Conservation Advisory Committee and other stakeholders updates and advises CEO WWF on the development of the research projects supporting the conservation strategy of WWF-Hong Kong.
- Oversees research projects that enhance the effectiveness and impact of conservation work delivery in Hong Kong, South China and the Region.
- The job holder provides WWF-Hong Kong with technical scientific expertise, intellectual leadership and advice on conservation issues.
- The position develops synergies within WWF Hong Kong , its partners and stakeholders to achieve the mission of the organization.
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing scientific research projects in the field of natural resource management, and/or other related fields. Broad working experience and good knowledge of environmental and habitat issues in Asia Pacific.
- Expertise in research on Oceans sea mammals, fisheries and habitat and / or water management preferred.
- Has the experience and/or capacity to be an effective spokesperson on scientific research with ongoing work both with research teams and as a representative advising government policy or working within an international body.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in conservation, environment and development, or environmental research with capacity to interact with senior level government figures and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Cantonese and / or Mandarin desirable.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station). Interested parties please send your CV stating present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: [email protected] Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
Date for Application Review: 18 July 2018
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)