In support of CEO WWF Hong Kong, the Director, Conservation Policy is responsible to lead on WWF Hong Kong policy advocacy and engagement with Government and other stakeholders. The position supports overseeing programme policy work relating to tackling the demand side of the illegal Wildlife trade across Asia, Climate Finance and green fund investment, Energy and Sustainable communities, Oceans protection. The Director links with our WWF and partners in both the Asia Region and globally to deliver high impact initiatives and areas of combined action and initiative.
- The Director, Conservation Policy, in liaison with the Chair of the Conservation Advisory Committee and other stakeholders updates and advises on the development of the overall conservation strategy of WWF-Hong Kong.
- The Director is responsible to act as a mentor to and enhance the effectiveness and impact of conservation teams delivery in Hong Kong and with project work in South China and the Region. This involves advising on conservation strategy and policy initiatives and oversees programme and impact reporting and monitoring.
- The job holder provides WWF-Hong Kong with the technical expertise, intellectual leadership and advice on conservation issues. The position develops synergies within WWF Hong Kong, its partners and stakeholders to achieve the mission of the organization.
- PhD or MSc in a relevant discipline
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing projects in the field of conservation, natural resource management, and/or other related fields. Policy expertise in either Oceans conservation, climate finance and energy and water management policy preferred
- Broad working experience and good knowledge of conservation and development issues in Asia Pacific and in respect of natural resource management and wildlife crime
- Has the experience and/or capacity to be an effective spokesperson on conservation policy
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in conservation, environment and development, or environmental campaigning with capacity to interact with senior level government figures and other stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Cantonese and / or Mandarin desirable
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station). Interested parties please send your CV stating present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: [email protected] Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
Date for Application Review: 18 July 2018
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)