The Ecology Consultancy is seeking a Project Officer to work on a large scale infrastructure project during the 2016 field survey season. We are looking for an environmental graduate with an interest in ecology to assist with scheduling and coordination of field surveys, management of data and the day to day running of the project. The Project Officer will support an established team of Ecologists in delivering the 2016 survey programmes.
We are looking for a fast learning, well organised individual with good attention to detail and strong IT skills. The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, prioritise and manage their own workload. The Project Officer is integral to the smooth running of our survey programmes throughout the summer.
Tasks you’ll be involved in
- Scheduling survey works and survey tracking
- Logistics coordination
- Arranging access to survey sites and liaising with landowners and access teams
- Assisting with Health & Safety plans
- Managing survey data and equipment
- Quality Assurance of data
- Database Management
- Graduate with a degree in ecology, environmental science or similar
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Highly organised with strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Quick to learn, thorough and friendly with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure PLEASE NOTE : This is an office based position. The Project Officer will not be required to undertake field work
What do we offer?
- Starting salary £19,552.00 pa based on a 40 hour week
- 6 month contract
- 5 days holiday plus public holidays
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) should be emailed to: [email protected]
The Ecology Consultancy aims to promote equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and clients as is consistent with the company’s Equalities Policy.