n support of CEO WWF HK, the Director, Water and Wetlands is responsible to lead WWF Hong Kong in conservation science and research projects advising and mentoring Assistant Director, Mai Po Nature Reserve and Regional Wetlands and the field / research teams at Mai Po Nature Reserve , Hong Kong. This involves overseeing wetlands management project strategies and programme delivery. The position supports the research work on land policy , local biodiversity and water resource and wetlands management by WWF Hong Kong and its wetland partners in the Asia Region, including liaison with RAMSAR , EAAFP and Wetland Link International.
- Director, Water and Wetlands in liaison with the Chairs of both the Mai Po Management Committee and Conservation Advisory Committee WWF HK and other stakeholders updates and advises CEO WWF on all wetlands and local biodiversity projects
- The job holder provides WWF-Hong Kong with technical wetlands expertise, intellectual leadership and advice on EAAF wetland conservation issues and administers the Asia Wetland Conservation Fund and other habitat management funding
- The position develops synergies within WWF Hong Kong , its partners and stakeholders Ramsar , EAAFP, IUCN and Wetland link international to achieve the mission of the organization and active management to protect coastal wetlands across the Region
- PhD in a relevant discipline
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing wetlands research and management projects in the field of natural resource management. Expertise in land issues/policy and local biodiversity.
- Broad working experience and good knowledge of environmental and habitat issues in Wetlands across Asia Pacific.
- Has the experience and/or capacity to be an effective spokesperson on scientific research with ongoing work both with research teams and as a representative advising government policy or working within an international body
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in conservation, environment and development, or environmental research with capacity to interact with senior level government figures and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Cantonese and Mandarin preferable.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station). Interested parties please send your CV stating present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: [email protected] Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
Date for Application Review: 18 July 2018
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)