Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective implementation procedures introduced and applied
- Work program set and monitored
- Meetings conducted regularly to tackle issues that need to be resolved
- Sampling and testing is controlled
- Material quality is reviewed and approved
- Standardization of tests and quality control requirements
- Laboratory tests are monitoring and reviewed
- Recommendations are provided regularly
- Reporting and certification is regularly maintained
- BOQs and project costs regularly updated
- Detailed site records maintained regularly
- Support QRCS in verifying resource data for the planned traditional housing projects for IDPs,
- Assist QRCS programs for project disbursements,
- Support QRCS programs in monitoring the implementation of IDP schemes and prepare progress reports (monthly/quarterly) to the Head of mission and the Direct Supervisor in the Programmes Department.
- Assess the current technical capacity on the ground, opportunities for donor funding and livelihood creation opportunities to implement alternative indigenous practices
- Conduct bids analysis and prepare bid evaluation reports (technical and financial) as required,
- Support the review of project design and project implementation schedule proposed by the bidders for construction of IDP settlements and related services (electricity, water supply, sanitary and sewerage),
- Propose indigenous remedial designs based on community needs and local market capacity adhering to national civil standards to accommodate and relief refugee problems,
- Prepare detailed feasibility studies/proposals adopting the available templates or developing new ones as required,
- Perform reviews of technical proposals and structural designs including cost estimates, rate analysis, estimated quantities and construction methodologies,
- Carryout engineering designs, prepare AutoCAD related drawings and bills of quantities,
- Supervise remotely on cross-border construction of traditional civil works.
- Prepare bidding documents in accordance with standard construction guidelines,
- Prepare an inventory of contractors and subcontractors or suppliers,
- Ensure that time extensions are issued before the contractual completion dates,
- Maintain physical and financial progress records of each project,
- Maintain all documentation, work schedules and correspondence with the Contractors, suppliers and consulting firms,
- Keep a separate file for each project from contract effectiveness day to final payment.
- Ensure that Variation Orders and/or Change Orders are issued in a timely manner,
- Ensure that construction and installation schedules are regularly monitored,
- Alert QRCS to issue periodic notice to the contractors or suppliers in case their performance progress is not in line with the schedule agreed in the contract and advise on the necessary measures to address the poor performance.
- Exercise quality control on all activities related to adequate designs of traditional civil works and associated services using testing tools/equipment on the construction sites to meet the quality standard,
- Maintain a database for geo-referenced photographs of work progress from start to completion,
- Maintain the quality control reports for each project including site journals,
- Report to shelter coordinator directly on quality constraints and difficulties in the project regions including performance of Construction Supervision and Quality Control outsourced to local firms.
- Monitor the adherence in the field to quality requirements by having a qualified engineer or specialist on the site, mixers, vibrators, sieving sets, etc. as applicable.
- Provide construction or installation manuals and maintain the specifications in the site with continuous tracking and guidance on the use of the site logbook.
Education, Experience & Training
At least a B.Sc. degree in Civil/architect Engineering preferably with 10-year experience in design or construction QC of civil works (including mud houses/clay bricks), 3-year experience in working with NGOs, experience in contract and construction management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Arabic Native speaker and able to work in a team.
- Advanced Computer skills & MS office.
- Familiarity with the Syrian context and related cross border support.
- Working knowledge of Arabic.
- Fluency in English (speaking and reporting).
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe that your qualifications meet the requirement of the position above, kindly submit your application using the links below:
Please note that the position might be filled before the AM deadline date and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.