Are you an energetic water management or sustainability specialist with an interest in advancing public private collaboration? Then please join us, a locally and globally leading multi-stakeholder partnership, with a mission to close a projected 17% gap between water supply and demand in South Africa. Taking direction from an experienced team of corporate, government and civil society leaders and working with and reporting to the Head of the SWPN Secretariat, you will exercise an entrepreneurial spirit in converting the goodwill, time and financial commitments from partners into programme results within an excellent results oriented and productivity focused work environment.
You will have access to highly experienced technical and administrative support to excel and in turn we hold you to account for results planned.
The SWPN is a formal multi-stakeholder partnership co-led by South Africa’s leading corporates, the public
sector (led by the Department of Water and Sanitation – DWS) and civil society; working collectively for
the country’s water security. The NEPAD Business Foundation (NBF), a non-profit company that mobilises
business for development in Africa is the legal host of the SWPN Secretariat.
Scope of work
- Timely and resource efficient project and programme development ensuring that thematic working groups implement projects to close the water gap in South Africa
- Seizing opportunities for securing financing from existing and new funding partners and effectiv follow up that includes proposal development of financing requests as may be required.
- The full cycle of project management activities including: project scoping; procurement; and management of project finances, consultants and other resources.
- Technical and financial reporting on projects and the full programme.
- Create and seize opportunities to communicate and showcase the work of the SWPN.
- Within the NBF and SWPN structures, ensure that due governance, procurement and project management processes are followed; and that programme and project decision making principles or criteria are clear and consultation is effective.
At least a bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree preferred, in a field relevant to water resources or services management, corporate sustainability, or public private partnerships.
- At least seven years working experience post a bachelor’s degree or five years post a master’s degree.
- You will either:
- have specialist experience in any of the SWPN key result areas of work (municipal water loss, industrial and municipal wastewater treatment and reuse, agricultural water management); or
- be a water management, corporate water stewardship or sustainability professional with cross disciplinary experience.
- Acting as a neutral broker, you will have stakeholder engagement expertise including the ability to facilitate processes for multi-stakeholder groups (public, private and civil society groups).
- Your solid experience in programme and project management should be illustrated by excellent skills in programme/project conceptualisation and planning, budget management, contract management, reporting, communication skills and an ability to self-manage.
If you would like to take up this exciting opportunity apply by:
Sending a CV and a brief cover letter (no longer than one-page) to support your application along with salary expectations and availability to commence duties to [email protected] by 02 July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.