- Assist the Senior Wetlands Officer to manage the habitats and infrastructure at Mai Po Nature Reserve (MPNR), including supervising field staff, drafting work plans and reports, monitoring work progress and conducting administrative duties.
- Organize and provide support to volunteers carrying out habitat management, research and monitoring work at MPNR.
- Guide tours around Mai Po for selected visitors and give presentations about the habitat management, research and monitoring at the MPNR.
- Other duties assigned as required.
- Degree holder in ecology, environmental science, environmental management, geography or other fields related to conservation
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience with NGO, government body, or private body with environmental goals is preferable
- A good and independent team player with good organizing, planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptive to various working areas especially working outdoors
- Able to work with various parties independently
- Strong enthusiasm on nature conservation
- First aid, swimming and lifesaving skill would be an added advantage
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably Putonghua as well)
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Wetlands Officer.
This position is on 2-year contract basis. The renewal / extension of appointment will be subject to organizational needs, availability of funding and job performance.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Mai Po Nature Reserve office. Interested parties please send your CV stating present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email:
. Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
Date for Application Review 3 July 2018
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)