Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
Description of the function
Under the Enabel representative, the Project Manager is supervising, coordinating and guiding the staff of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and work executed through contracted service providers. Jointly with the Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for the coordination and outcome of the project WASKIRP.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Management responsibilities, planning and reporting
Ensure proper planning of the project and the elaboration of work plans and budgets; plan and coordinate the intervention with development partners, develop adequate Terms of Reference (ToR), tender documents and openly advertise
- Implementation and monitoring
Ensure the proper implementation of the project and monitoring activities
- Human and resource management
Ensure coordination and supervision of Enabel employed staff (National Technical Assistant, …)
Ensure that capacity assessments are undertaken and that training programs and skill development are put into place for both PIU, LGA, NGO and private sector partners
- Technical Responsibilities
Make sure the crosscutting themes of the Belgian Cooperation are taken into account, with special attention for gender and environment
Ensure the coherence of approaches implemented by the project and supervise strategic studies that will guide the project orientation
- You have a higher University degree in Water and Sanitation or related field
- You have a minimum of 10 years professional experience, of which at least 5 years with Rural Water Supply
- You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience as a project manager in the International Development Sector
- You have proven technical expertise in the following fields:
- Rural water supply design, works, Operation and Maintenance
- Working with local government authorities, including institutional strengthening and capacity building at local government level and of institutions linked water & sanitation services
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, some knowledge of Swahili would be an asset
- You are skilled in capacity assessment and capacity development and facilitating participatory processes
- You are an excellent and inspiring team manager
A contract with end date on 11th of July 2023 based in Kigoma (Tanzania).
Start date: as soon as possible
Monthly salary package: (cat. B476) between 5.854,79 euro and 8.289,03 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
Please apply no later than July 1st 2018, with your updated CV and a letter of motivation.
If you would like additional information, don’t hesitate to contact us by mail: [email protected]