Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Liberia, SI implements the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity which provides USAID/Liberia with analytical and advisory services in support of strategic planning, project and activity design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning and adapting. LSA’s services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth.
USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of a water infrastructure activity. This activity provides construction oversight, quality assurance, and capacity-building to the Liberia Water and Sewer Corporation (LWSC) and local management entities to sustainably operate and manage the newly constructed systems. The purpose of this evaluation is to measure the effectiveness of construction, capacity building approaches, and cost sustainability. USAID/Liberia will use findings from the evaluation to inform more strategic investment in the sector.
The estimated start date will be September 3, 2018 through November 2018. The estimated LOE will be 39 days.
Deadline for applications: June 29th, 2018
SI is seeking an Evaluation Specialist who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the evaluation team. The Evaluation Specialist will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, Financial Analyst, and Civil Engineer.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Provide logistical planning and coordination for the evaluation.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Liberia.
- Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Must have at least five years of experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods in developing countries.
- A university/college degree in a discipline related to research, social sciences, or similar field.
- Broad knowledge of urban water supply interventions.
- Demonstrated planning and logistics skills.
- Ability to assist with qualitative instrument preparation, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and other data collection, and analysis of collected data.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills are essential.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.