Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Liberia, SI implements the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity which provides USAID/Liberia with analytical and advisory services in support of strategic planning, project and activity design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning and adapting. LSA’s services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth.
USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of a water infrastructure activity. This activity provides construction oversight, quality assurance, and capacity-building to the Liberia Water and Sewer Corporation (LWSC) and local management entities to sustainably operate and manage the newly constructed systems. The purpose of this evaluation is to measure the effectiveness of construction, capacity building approaches, and cost sustainability. USAID/Liberia will use findings from the evaluation to inform more strategic investment in the sector.
The estimated start date will be September 3, 2018 through November 2018. The estimated LOE will be 52 days.
Deadline for applications: June 29th, 2018
SI is seeking a Team Leader who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the evaluation team. The Team Leader will be working alongside three team members: Financial Analyst, Civil Engineer, and Evaluation Specialist.
- The Team Leader will approve the final evaluation design, oversee the development of evaluation instruments, integrate the findings of team members, and coordinate preparation of the final reports.
- Provide leadership for the team and coordinate activities as necessary.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate team’s ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Liberia.
- Write the draft evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Respond to USAID comments on the draft report and submit a final report to LSA.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Must have at least ten years of experience managing evaluations, collecting qualitative data, and conducting analysis with a background in urban water supply interventions in developing countries.
- An advanced degree in a discipline related to Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or research.
- Knowledge of water utility, human and institutional capacity building, and key engineering and construction issues related to the construction of municipal scale waterworks is required.
- Previous work experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams and designing and conducting USAID evaluations in West Africa is preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures is desirable.
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.