Consultant for Improvement and Combination of SWAT Models with new Hydrological Baseline
Technical Support Division (TD)
Maximum of 43 working days / Special Service Agreement
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- To provide technical assistant to MRCS modelers to combine the 10 SWAT sub-model’s schematizations and improvement
- To assist the Modelers in improvement of hydropower dam, Flow, Sediment, Nutrient and crop modules through provide the technical support
- To assist modeler to verify Calibration of SWAT combine model for both water quantity and quality (sediment and nutrient) fit with separated models
- To test new SWAT software with Mekong Basin by extending hydrological data from 2009-2016/2017
- To check quality of data and setup new version of SWAT, and continue for calibration and check model
- To assist MT to test if SWAT model would be applicable for River Flood Forecasting as URBS does
- To prepare Final Report by the contract completion to specify if the SWAT Combination could be applied to reduce time consuming instead of using separated models
- Other assigned tasks related to SWAT model enhancement and upgrading
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Consultant must have MSc. or PhD university degree in hydrology, water resources engineering and management, Natural Resources Management, mathematic or a related field;
- At least 20 years of experience in hydrological modelling;
- Extensive knowledge of hydrological modeling tools;
- Proven experience in setting up models using hydrological and hydrodynamic for flow prediction and sediment in large river basins;
- Experience with hydrological and hydrodynamic Model, especial with SWAT Model;
- Prior experience working for the MRCS and/or knowledge of the Mekong River Basin and/or large river basin; and Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- The consultant must speak and write English well, TOEIC of 600-700 is required.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Closing date for applications: 28 June 2018