PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To lead and manage the Water for Women WASH project in Western Province, and manage the project team in implementing the WASH project in Middle Fly, South Fly, and Daru Urban.
- To engage local stakeholders in the development of district WASH plans, strategies and relevant guidelines.
- To develop project team capacity in WASH implementation, and communicate impact of WV’s work in different programming settings.
- To support accountability to communities, management and donors and monitors that program goals are achieved according to donor and WV partnership defined standards reflecting WV’s core values, mission and strategic directions.
- To represent the project and WV PNG to external donors, WV support offices and other stakeholders in the sectors (e.g. NGO’s, UN agencies, institutions).
- Assure strict budget management and adherence to activity timelines to ensure proper accountability to donors and effective project implementation.
- Oversee budget preparation and on-going budget management.
- Maintain financial procedures and recording mechanisms.
- Negotiate contracts, and agreements for contracts and vendors.
- Submit monitoring reports of project activities on a regular basis, including Field Visit Reports.
- Facilitate in data collection needed for Indicator Tracking Table and project evaluation activities.
- Manage all staff attached to project including appraisals, work allocation, discipline and recruitment.
- Follow all World Vision and DFAT procurement requirements for construction materials and procure materials in time before actual construction.
- Follow all DFAT policies concerning the Water for Women Fund, in particular the Child Protection and Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion policies.
Stakeholder Engagement, Knowledge and Learning:
- Work closely with partners CARE and CBM on the share common outputs and knowledge and learnings from the project.
- Liaise with DFAT, GHD and support offices to ensure lessons learnt are disseminated and project is able to benefit from other Water For Women grantees.
- Liaise with other CSOs, UN agencies and national and sub-national government, to share knowledge on implementation and to coordinate activities. Help advocate for improved access to WASH for PNG communities.
- Liaise with District WASH Committees and local Governmental authorities to ensure compliance with national policies and regional planning objectives.
- Coordinate activities with the appropriate local government officials. Keep local government officials informed of the status of activities.
- Regularly inform community members about the status of project activities. Input and concerns should be received from the community members.
WASH Project Implementation:
- To develop and facilitate in the implementation of project activities, to achieving the outputs set under the following outcomes.
- Improved WASH capacity and systems at District (subnational) level, with focus on gender, social inclusion, and water security.
- Increased provision and uptake of sustainable WASH services, especially targeting girls, women, and people with disabilities, in marginalized rural and urban communities.
- Improved gender equality and social inclusion in communities, schools and health centres in Western Province through empowered participation and decision making.
- New evidence and learnings on sustainable and inclusive WASH generated by the project is rolled out in other areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor degree or Post Graduate Diploma in following specialisations – Civil, Community Development, Environmental, Agricultural Science, International Development, Public/Environmental Health or equivalent with previous work in WASH.
- 3-5 years experience in in WASH. Establishing hygiene and sanitation approaches and the design and construction of water systems.
- 3-5 years experience in community development.
- 3-5 years experience in technical civil and water engineering designs and construction.
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Willingness and physical fitness to spend significant time in the field.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player.
- Honesty and dedication to job; ability to complete task with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Working experience with NGO, INGO is an advantage.
- Willingness to learn.
- At least 3 years work experience in WASH / community development.
- This role is based in Daru, Western Province.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.