As a water saving project officer you will encourage the Highlands to be a water efficient area to help optimise the use of water, save energy, address climate change and minimise the impact of the infrastructure required to treat and process water. Help householders and those working in the Highlands benefit from the free water saving advice and devices which will help them save energy as well as water. You will work with Transition Black Isle (TBI) to deliver the project in their area and look at future opportunities.
This project is with Home Energy Scotland which is delivered in the Highlands and Islands by Changeworks, on behalf of the Energy Saving Trust.
You will support the delivery of a local water efficiency project with the key objectives of:
- Engaging and providing water efficiency advice to individuals in the community.
- Providing households with a free water saving brochure and free water saving devices (shower timers, universal plugs; showerheads; hippos; tap aerators), or ordering free devices and recording details of who received / ordered what.
Devices will need to be suitable and appropriate for each householders needs.
There may also be opportunities to help distribute free water-saving butts as long as suitable delivery, storage and transport logistics can be identified.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of events, with weekend working required to attend some events
- Knowledge/interest in environmental issues and ideally in water use and efficiency
- Willing and able to work on own initiative
- Good IT skills
- Own driving licence would be useful, otherwise ability to fulfil transport requirements of the post.
Full placement details and how to apply (Bright Green Business website).
Closing date for applications: 19 June 2018