Responsibilities and tasks:
- Provide technical support to national consultants on prioritization process of National Determined Contribution (NDC) at national level and on identification of activities needed to contribute to the achievement of this selected action of NDC in the Lower Mekong Basin (LMB) through the Mekong Climate Change Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan (MASAP) strategic priorities and findings of basin-wide assessment of climate change impacts, reflecting the national needs;
- Provide technical supports to national consultants to implement – to the extent possible given the time and budget limitation – the identified activities (e.g. revision of a strategy, training of specific group of stakeholders, etc.);
- Develop the regional report of the activity based on the national reports.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Advanced degree in climate change adaptation, natural resource management, environmental sciences or a related discipline;
- At least 10 years of experience working on climate change adaptation, water resources management and similar assignments;
- Familiarity with the Lower Mekong River Basin, the MRCS and working with stakeholders in the region;
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation in the English language;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the public; and
- Strong work ethics, including commitment, responsibility, team spirit, and timely delivery.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) MRC Personal History Form (online) by following the link at our website above. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.