Rwanda nationals: WASH Engineer
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of WASH Engineer. The position will be based in Mugombwa Refugee Camp and reporting to the WASH Project Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To supervise, conduct design, studies and review water resource, sanitation and hygiene development projects. And closely follow up and ensure the implementation of water resource development projects are in line with the plan, design, available standards, and community needs.
The job holder will be responsible for the overall WASH projects operations and avail the engineering drawings for related WASH facilities to be implemented
The major responsibilities include:
- Advise the WASH and Education managers on the development and maintenance/repair of WASH infrastructures
- In association with relevant experts from government offices, perform WASH related development studies and conduct design review as required
- Perform water resources development studies and conduct design review as required;
- Review and conduct detail investigation on water resource development projects sites around the camp;
- Ensure good functionality of WASH infrastructures and services in the camp
- Prepare weekly monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual progress reports of WASH interventions within the camp
- Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for water resources, sanitation, education and hygiene facilities in the camp
- Review and verify engineering estimations and payment certificates for WASH projects being implemented in the camp
- Review tender documents both for design and construction of WASH Facilities
- Conduct close field supervision to ensure that the implementation of WASH facilities are in line with the plan, design, available standards, community needs and donors requirement
- Work in collaboration with other implementing partners to design WASH facilities
- Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for WASH infrastructures
- Ensure that resources assigned to him are properly and efficiently utilized;
- Reporting monthly, quarterly and annually of the project implementation progress
- Review MOU and construction agreements in accordance with the policy of the organization
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Water and environmental Engineering, Sanitary Engineering or related fields
- Experience: At least 3 years' experience in WASH programs and other engineering related works
- Preferred: Other NGO experience and water supply schemes supervision.
- Technical skills: Microsoft word, excel and other computer skills; Mastering engineering drawing and design software (Archicad, Autocad, ArcGIS, Epanet, etc)
N.B: Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 19th June 2018; no late applications will be accepted