Posted on: 29/07/2016
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Based in Juba, with short missions in Upper Nile, Unity, Bahr El Ghazal and Jonglei States + Juba city
About the mission
You can find all the information about the Solidarités International (SI) South Sudan’s mission here http://www.solidarites.org/en/nos-missions/soudan-du-sud
About the job
The EPR Programme Manager is responsible for preparation and implementation of EPR WASH responses in Republic of South Sudan (covering 10 States).
- Preparedness of EPR WASH response (in collaboration with the EPR coordinator)
- Implementation and follow-up of EPR interventions in South Sudan
- Human Resources management
- Internal and external reporting
- Financial Management:
- Logistics management
- External coordination – in coordination with the EPR coordinator
- Internal Coordination
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, hydraulics, water network management, or similar field
– At least two years of program management experience in WASH including a field experience (conflict/ post conflict area) of implementing emergency humanitarian programs
– Working knowledge of repair and maintenance requirement of India Mark hand pumps, bio sand filter and surface water treatment plant
– Experience in training; ability to design and implement training sessions on Water Treatment Plant / hand pump maintenance and repair, water analysis, etc.
– Working knowledge of sensitization methodologies and experience in targeted hygiene promotion activities
– Experience in community mobilization and skills in developing the social aspect of water management
– Experience in emergency response required and establishing temporary water points
– Experience in team management
– Preferable experience in organizing and conducting KAP surveys
– To be able to work under pressure and to manage heavy workload (7 days a week)
– To be autonomous and to ensure reporting on time to the Coordination team
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Salaried post: According to experience from 1600 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD.
Solidarités International will cover accommodation and travel expenses from the expatriate’s home country to the site of the assignment.
– Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
– Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
CONTACT: Corinne LORIN, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer