WaterAid is looking for an Urban WASH Advisor to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere.
This role of Urban WASH Advisor will be working in a matrix fashion between different parts of WaterAid globally. The Advisor will be employed by and based in WaterAid Sweden’s office in Stockholm as part of the International Programmes Team, but will also be a member of the Programme Support Unit, in the WaterAid UK International Programmes Department in London, and work with colleagues from across the global organisation, currently present in 35 countries.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate and support WaterAid’s delivery of the ITP programme on Sustainable Urban WASH; and participate in strategic planning, programme development, and reporting together with the consortium partner.
- Provide technical expertise to the programme and coach participants from government, city administrations and utilities in their capacity.
- Support donor and other sector agency engagement and influencing particularly in Sweden with the aim to raise funds for Urban WASH sector.
- Play a key technical role in the development of impactful WASH programmes and grant proposals.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Substantial experience (10-15 years) of urban WASH programmes in low-income countries, with a particular emphasis on water services.
- Substantial knowledge of water utilities in developing countries.
- Knowledge on various capacity building approach in the water sector.
- Proven influencing skills
- Proven expertise in advisory support, collaboration and team-working
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Find the job description below for full details of the role.
We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV and a personal letter to [email protected] by 27 June 2018. Feel free to visit our WaterAid website in Sweden via the link here: https://www.wateraid.org/se/get-involved/jobb-och-praktik/urban-wash-advisor
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Sweden.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.