WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
You’ll be a part of our team of talented engineers focused on water, wastewater and municipal infrastructure projects that include planning, design and engineering on a variety of engineering projects with a focus on water and wastewater pipelines, transmission and conveyance systems.
The Assistant Project Manager will be self-reliant, managing and producing projects on its own as well as coordinating the work of Engineers, and Designers, reporting progress and issues to the Lead project Manager. They will design projects and ensure that the team stays on schedule, conforming to the requirements of the Lead Project Manager and Client.
The Assistant Project Manager must be able to create documents including construction drawings, specifications and various contract documents in support of the Lead Project Manager and clients for review. The Assistant Project Manager may meet with clients, receive suggestions and feedback on the work performed and take necessary revisions back to the team to be executed. The Assistant Project Manager is also expected to ensure that work is completed on schedule and adheres to the budgetary constraints.
• You will be involved with a variety of water-related projects such as conveyance systems, pump stations and pipeline work.
• You will work as part of a project team and perform planning, design development, calculations, presentations and overall project development for a variety of projects.
• Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations.
• Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water and wastewater systems.
• Prepare and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
• Communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams including other disciplines (cost estimators, GIS, designers, and other engineers) as well as clients.
• Assist the project manager with developing scope, schedule and fee for proposed work.
• Assist the project manager with maintaining budgets and schedules for the completion of contracted work.
• Mentor other engineering staff on technical project elements.
• Support team/project quality assurance and quality control objectives.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required.
• Have 6+ years of increasingly-responsible, professional experience in the study, design, and construction administration of water and wastewater facilities and wastewater conveyance infrastructure (pipelines, force mains, and pump stations).
• Be self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water and Wastewater Group.
• Have strong technical writing and communication skills required.
• Demonstrate proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation.
• Possess an EIT or obtain an EIT within one year of your hire date.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
WHO WE ARE