DRC is an International non-governmental humanitarian organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
In Uganda, DRC assists the refugees from neighboring countries mainly South Sudan and DR Congo in the South West, West and West Nile region of the country. DRC’s assistance to refugees have been both emergency assistance to address the short term influxes from the neighboring countries as well as to address the sustainable solutions for the refugees. DRC is also the lead in providing water supply through trucking in Rhino, Imvepi and Omugo settlements
The purpose of this position is to assist in analysis of indicator results, and in providing feedback to project management indicating where project activities and interventions meeting or exceeding the expected outputs, outcomes and impact on program beneficiaries in Rhino, Imvepi and Omugo refugee settlements.
General Objectives of the position:
The Information Management Assistant will be responsible for the day to day compilation of data collected by the WASH Officers (water trucking), entry into data base, analysis and storage of information. The main purpose of this position is to improve basic water supply standard by trucking across the settlements to meet target indicators.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with WASH Officers (Water Trucking) and WASH Assistants (Water Trucking) to ensure that the required data is entered in the database, and stored
- Manage monitoring database for aggregation of monitoring data
- Perform quality assurance functions during data collection, entry and storage
- Take part in development of project M&E plans with close collaboration with WASH Team Leader (Water Trucking) and the Water Trucking Manager.
- Take part in development and review of data collection tools
- Develop relationship with field staff and TOTs
- Actively coordinate with DRC M&E staff sectors and other organizations
- Actively participate in the regular sector meetings
- Assist in the preparation of Monitoring & Evaluation reports.
- Support WASH (Water Trucking) staff in documentation of lessons learnt, and promising best practices
- Take part in/conduct workshops and training within
- Assist in providing M&E training to staff as necessary.
- Create core activity files for data entry
- Ensure timely and effectively enter all vital data on the data base.
- Process data for utilization
- Ensure effective use and management of computer accessories.
The Information management Assistant will report to WASH Team Leader (Water Trucking)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in statistics, quantitative economics, computer science or Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- At least 1 year work experience in similar position.
- Excellent knowledge in modern data processing and management packages (SPSS, STATA).
- Experience with assessment, research, including data collection and data management.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, and have experience using database and data analysis software.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Respect strict confidentiality of the data.
Other required skills include:
- Experience in entering and processing large data
- Experience in computer soft and hard ware applications
- Proven commitment to accountable practices
- Knowledge in Internet operation
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and long hours of work.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under minimum supervision.
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.