Candidate: We are looking for highly motivated and talented agricultural scientist, biologist, environmental economist, engineer or any related area, interested in applying for Postdoctoral Research Associate Grant (FONDECYT Postdoctoral 2019, http://www.conicyt.cl/fondecyt/category/concursos/postdoctorado/), opening in July 2018. The competition is addressed to researchers who have obtained his/her doctorate as of January 1, 2015 or later.
Those interested should have ability to work under multicultural setting and ability to form part of an interdisciplinary team. Intermediate or advanced knowledge of the Spanish Language will be desirable, but not essential. The candidate will be expected to write peer reviewed journal articles, present at meetings, participate in proposal writing and carry on fieldwork activities
Grant: The grant will cover salary for approximately USD30,400 /year (amount for 2018 call), travel and/or operational expenses for USD6,700, and health insurance USD670 /year. It also consider funding to settle in Chile for scientists residing abroad at the time the call results are communicated, of around USD4,400 for only one time.
Proposal sponsor: a local Researcher at our University, who also commit budget to fund the project, must sponsor the proposal. The following Research Lines are looking for a PostDoc:
Natural Resources Management and Global Change
Research lines for postdoc
- Assessment of ecosystem services trade-offs and synergies from different fruit farming systems in Chile and Brazil Dr. Eduardo Arellano
- Restoring Nothofagus forests on degraded land in Patagonia: The application of the forest reclamation approach. Dr. Eduardo Arellano
- The effect of seedling quality and reforestation techniques on dryland forest restoration Dr. Eduardo Arellano
- Organic waste management for soil improvement in highly degraded systems. Dr. Rosanna Ginocchio
- Effect of agricultural management on soil metal levels and bioavailability and thus on orchad productivity Dr. Rosanna Ginocchio
- Model crop growth, water use and yield with respect to downscaled climate models and remote sensing data Dr. Francisco Meza
- Evaluating crop adaptability to water stress and CO2 enriched environments with a high resolution lysimeter Dr. Francisco Meza
- Integration of crop and hydrological models to improve water resources management and promote resilient agriculture Dr. Francisco Meza
- Study of the socioeconomic dimension of forest fires including impacts on natural ecosystems and ecosystem services; modeling of the socio-economic drivers of fire; and causal analysis of environmentally-relevant policies on fire behavior and other fire-related socioeconomic outcomes.Dr. Rodrigo Arriagada
- Ecological restoration after a wildfire: decision models to prioritize restoration areas and operations Dr. Horacio Gilabert
- Fuel management to prevent wildfires at the wildland-urban interface: Spatial Optimization as a decision tool Dr. Horacio Gilabert
- Statistical description of wildfires in Chile, distribution, spatial patterns and extreme events. Dr. Horacio Gilabert
- Valuation of cooling potential of green roofs for mitigating Urban Heat Island in dry and semi-arid climates. Dra. Sonia Reyes
- Valuation of cultural ecosystem services provided by urban green spaces in differentiated socio-economic contexts. Dra. Sonia Reyes
- Modeling Mediterranean landscape dynamics from complexity theory and spatial-time remote sensing Dr. Marcelo Miranda
- Economics of water management and climate change, hydro economic modelling, collective action and regulation Dr. Oscar Melo
- Sustainability and the Water Energy Food Environment Nexus: case studies in Peru and Bolivia Dr. Oscar Melo
- Effects of landscape heterogeneity on the ecosystem services for agriculture (biological control). Dr. Tania Zaviezo
Interested applicants should send their application using the “Apply for this job” button.
- Copy of the Doctoral Degree
- Cover letter
If your research interest does not fit any of the research areas from above, please contact us to look for opportunities with some other faculty members.
Questions and applications should be directed to Ximena Alvarez ([email protected]).