The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract of one year. Employment location will be Juba, South Sudan (SS).
The aim of the position is to manage and implement the WASH project on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer.
The Head of Project is responsible for the operative implementation of the project(s) and the appropriate use of funds. He/she is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe Country Office.
- Ensure all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Carry out project planning, implementation, monitoring and for the project’s financial control
- Report to the Country Director/Program coordinator on the progress of the project(s)
- Recruit and manage staff according to Welthungerhilfe policies
- Ensure implementation of Welthungerhilfe policies and their adaptation to local conditions
- Represent Welthungerhilfe in relevant fora/clusters at state and national levels and within the humanitarian community
- Contribute to development of country policies and strategies
- Make project purchases according to internal procurement guidelines
- Oversee logistical procedures, including warehouse management, inventory control and distribution reports
- A university degree in Water Engineering or equivalent technical qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 5 years experience carrying out WASH Programmes with international humanitarian or development agencies
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office 2016 Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Access
- Excellent spoken and written English, German language skills are a strong asset
- Prior experience in South Sudan is an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.