Watershed/Drinking Water Protection Analyst
The Cadmus Group LLC is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in water resources, environmental engineering, GIS, data science, hydrology, ecology, or closely related fields. Our work primarily supports contracts with government clients in the areas of drinking water, watersheds and water quality, climate science, international development, and energy efficiency.
The successful candidate will have a record of academic and professional excellence and a clearly demonstrated work ethic. If you are interested in applying for this position, you should be highly motivated, able to work both collaboratively and independently, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks. You should also possess exceptional analytical and oral and written communication skills. Example projects may include analyzing and interpreting data on watershed or waterbody conditions; analyzing large datasets of drinking water monitoring records; developing resources for local water utility climate adaptation; preparing maps and environmental assessments for international development; or analyzing demographics for energy efficiency outreach.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret data for watershed and drinking water projects from a variety of sources, including spreadsheets, databases, APIs, or web services using tools such as R, Python, or Excel
- Perform GIS analysis, prepare a variety of raster and vector geospatial data, and create map outputs
- Create interactive map applications and data visualizations
- Write and edit reports, case studies, presentations, and other documents for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Support the efforts of multiple projects and project managers and adapt to shifting project needs and deadlines
- Provide logistical and administrative support for Cadmus project teams and help prepare materials for client reporting on project progress
- Other duties as required
- Proficiency in both GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and R or other data analysis programming (such as Python) with significant experience in at least one
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Classwork, research, or professional experience with environmental data and geospatial data layers, such as climate, land use, demographic, ecological, hydrologic, or water sampling data
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational abilities, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and ability to work independently with guidance
- Applied experience with quantitative research activities in an academic or professional setting
- One to three years’ work experience in relevant field
- BS/BA in relevant field
- Knowledge of drinking water contaminants, watershed management, and/or climate change adaptation
- Skills in data visualization (such as Tableau, Power BI, or ggplot) and ArcGIS Online platform and Story Maps
- Familiarity with one or more database programs (Access, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) and basic SQL
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages or git version control a plus
- Classwork or professional experience with EPA regulatory programs
- Experience in professional/consulting business environment or Master’s degree in relevant field helpful but not required
This position may be located in one of our following offices: Waltham, MA or Madison, WI.
Some domestic travel may be required.
Cadmus is an employee-owned company. We offer a competitive benefits program designed to give eligible employees a comprehensive total compensation package. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- A 401(k) retirement plan and an employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition assistance, personal development reimbursement, public transportation subsidy, bike purchase subsidy, and alternative health care reimbursements
To apply, please submit Cover Letter, Resume and Writing Sample.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com