PA Consulting Group is a leading consulting, technology and innovation firm. Our successful Water Practice in the UK is now looking for talented sector specialists to help support our current client base and impressive growth strategy.
The UK utilities are facing a period of unprecedented change. In water there are major initiatives underway on water trading and abstraction reform, the development of new markets and retail competition, and a growing focus on resilience and the consequences of climate change. In addition to understanding and dealing with consequences from each of these initiatives, our clients also have to deliver an ever more demanding set of performance requirements, balancing the aspirations of customers, regulators and shareholders.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of delivering operational and / or asset performance excellence in water utilities. You will be a natural leader, with excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills probably having led operational / asset management teams in client organisations.
You will have an excellent academic record, with a relevant technical or environmental degree. A second-degree or MBA would be a strong advantage. These skills will be underpinned with exceptional insight and analytical capabilities in a number of the following areas:
• A thorough understanding of utilities, in particular, the water and wastewater processes and assets (essential)
• Expertise in a range of water utilities operations, asset management and supporting functions (essential)
• Practical experience of water company performance commitments and the strategic, technical and operational activities that go into delivering them (essential)
• An understanding of totex, cost benchmarks and techniques to optimise and improve efficiency
• An understanding of operational and asset risk, risk based decision making and the line of sight between corporate objectives and operational activity
• An understanding of water utility resilience including tactical and strategic mitigation options and their implementation
• An understanding of utility procurement processes, supply chains and direct procurement
• Strong project management skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial multi-disciplinary and/or operational improvement projects (essential)
• Strong written communication skills with the ability to present complex analysis and findings in a clear and concise way, tailored for the specific audience
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We expect our staff to be self-starters and as such, you will have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and flourish in an entrepreneurial setting that offers you the opportunity to work at the highest levels with a global centre of excellence in utilities.
As a member of this practice, you can expect to consult to a wide range of clients throughout the UK and occasionally elsewhere in Europe or the US. Based in our new head office in London, you should expect to travel and work on client sites and you should have the unconditional right to work globally.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a consulting, technology and innovation firm. We define success as achieving exceptional results that have a lasting impact on businesses, communities and individuals worldwide.
This principle has remained the cornerstone of our ethos since 1943 – and it continues to underpin everything we do.
Our clients choose us because we challenge convention to find new and imaginative answers to their questions. We turn those into the solutions that really work – in practice, not just on paper. Then we roll up our sleeves and get the job done. At PA we don’t just believe in making a difference. We believe in making the difference.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their gender, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Join us and make the difference with your career.
Further information can be found at www.paconsulting.com