Our successful Water Practice in the UK is now looking for talented sector specialists to help support our current client base and impressive growth strategy.
The UK utilities are facing a period of unprecedented change. In water there are major initiatives underway on water trading and abstraction reform, the development of new markets and retail competition, and a growing focus on resilience and the consequences of climate change. In addition to understanding and dealing with consequences from each of these initiatives, our clients also have to deliver an ever more demanding set of performance requirements, balancing the aspirations of customers, regulators and shareholders.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
Skills and Knowledge:
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of delivery excellence in professional services for utilities, utility regulation or water sector companies.
You will be a natural leader, with excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills.
You will have an excellent academic record, with a degree in economics (or other relevant discipline). A second-degree or MBA would be a strong advantage. These skills will be underpinned with exceptional insight and analytical capabilities in a number of the following areas:
• A thorough understanding of utilities, in particular, the water and wastewater value-chains and the policy/regulatory requirements that our clients must meet
• Detailed expertise in UK/Europe utilities regulation and how this is applied to the water and wastewater sectors
• Practical experience of latest price control approaches with their emphasis on customer engagement, innovation, outcomes or outputs, incentives and risk/reward measures
• Comparative cost modelling and the experience of applying existing statistical techniques to totex costs in water and wastewater
• Clear insight into the different success factors along the water and wastewater value chains, and the challenges of introducing business change
• Policy development and economic modelling, developing impact assessments and business cases that deal with the risks and uncertainties that companies face
• How to achieve and sustain excellence in regulatory and compliance reporting; and
• Strong project management skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial multi-disciplinary and/or economic projects
We expect our staff to be self-starters and as such, you will have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and flourish in an entrepreneurial setting that offers you the opportunity to work at the highest levels with a global centre of excellence in utilities.
As a member of this practice, you can expect to consult to a wide range of clients throughout the UK and occasionally elsewhere in Europe or the US.
Based in our new head office in London, you should expect to travel and work on client sites and you should have the unconditional right to work globally.