The Campaign Director is a new role that will be responsible for managing one of our key and growing campaigns. As a strategist, manager and implementer, the successful applicant will ensure successful completion of a multifaceted global campaign including supervising and managing media and logistics from a broad range of people across multiple jurisdictions – often in extremely time challenged situations. You will report directly to the CEO but enjoy significant autonomy.
We are looking for an adaptable and motivated performer with a commitment to supporting an organization setting out to change the world. You should be passionate about what you do, and highly experienced in operating multiple components of complex projects within complex, often resource constrained environments.
As the Campaign Director, you should possess extremely strong organizational and people management skills, and have a demonstrated ability to manage in a fast moving, high pressure, dynamic environment.
This is an exciting full-time role. Both location and hours are flexible, and the position will likely to require some travel. Some evening and weekend work will be required. The position is available immediately for a period of 10 months (ending April 30, 2018).
Please send your resume, together with a cover letter in English to: [email protected]
Roles and responsibilities
1) Strategic Planning
- Working with Thirst senior management and advisors to define and articulate a plan for the implementation of a global campaign to raise awareness of the water crisis, and drive action amongst consumers and corporations to achieve our campaign goals;
- Driving the execution of the plan, including working with the Media and Logistics Manager to ensure appropriate delivery of the items articulated in the plan;
- Identifying risks and developing appropriate risk management and mitigation plans;
- Identifying and articulating opportunities to advance the purpose and goals of #RunningDry, including mapping out and implementing plans to take advantage of those opportunities;
- During the execution of the event, responsibility for coalescing and making decisions to ensure delivery of the plan. This will include actively responding to opportunities and threats as they arise;
2) Activation, Branding, Marketing & Messaging
- Taking the lead on devising an integrated marketing campaign that operates across multiple media and which includes #RunningDry, film and sponsor activation;
- Working with the Media Manager to ensure proper and appropriate consultations with external media and PR advisors, and the development and management of messages and branding applicable to the campaign and to ensure consistency across the campaign;
- Managing and coordinating with the Media Manager and Logistics Manager the production and management of the campaign including TV, radio, events, public relations, social media, and other to be defined elements;
- Ensure accuracy of all external and internal materials including website, marketing and other materials;
- Ensure the Thirst brand and identity is visible, as are those of the identified sponsors (in accordance with our commitments to them) across all communication channels;
- Coordinate and advise on the selection of any day to day relationships with external agency partners;
- Brief and oversee the work of internal and external team/agencies, for example – the media & PR teams, as well as logistics team;
- Develop robust KPI’s in consultation with the Thirst team and sponsors, and deliver regular reports of campaign results including evaluation against KPIs;
- Managing the implementation, tracking and measurement of the campaign to ensure we identify and measure success;
- Maintain regular measurement of the ROI of the campaign;
- Ensuring appropriate reporting after the campaign to sponsors and relevant third parties and key stakeholders;
4) Sponsor Relationships
- Collaborate with stakeholder partners and sponsors on coordination of campaign activities amongst those partners and sponsors;
- Create campaign production schedules, monitor activity and notify stakeholders and sponsors of relevant outcomes, fluctuations and plans.
Skills and Experience
- Must be a highly organized, passionate individual with a willingness to “go the extra mile” and a desire to make a difference.
- Dynamic self starter with demonstrated ability to deliver in highly complex, often stressful environments.
- Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated success in delivering large preferably global campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to leverage limited assets and resources to create global impact.
- Understanding of the global media markets, and preferably experience in dealing with multiple agencies.
- Ability to be flexible and to operate well under pressure
- Project management experience preferable.