EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is offering a work experience placement in the area of environment. This area of works includes topics such as climate and energy, air quality, waste and circular economy, water. You will be working under the supervision of the policy advisor and project coordinator for a period of six months, starting on 27 August 2018.
- Monitoring environmental policy initiatives and developments on the EU level.
- Analysing environmental policy documents and preparing policy papers especially in the areas of energy and water.
- Drafting articles for the EUROCITIES newsletter, updating the EUROCITIES web pages on environmental issues and other communications-related tasks.
- Supporting environment-related projects (mainly: Covenant of Mayors) in particular with event organisation and preparation of communication material.
- Contributing to daily press reviews
- Contributing to the organisation of the Environment forum meeting in Tampere in October 2018, and of working group meetings
- Contribute to the representation of EUROCITIES at the COP24
- General administrative tasks
- University degree
- Basic knowledge about environmental policies in the EU and the role of local authorities
- Good understanding of the EU institutions and policy process
- Excellent English
- Good command of MS Office
- Proactive, organised, team player
- Basic command of graphic design softwares is a plus
- Insights into the daily work of a policy and projects team
- A dynamic, international and pleasant working environment
- assistance with living expenses of up to €200 per month under Belgian legislation
- reimbursement of local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
- up to €300 reimbursement for one trip home during the contract
Please send your motivation letter and CV by 23:00, Sunday 24 June 2018, to:
Patricia de Wouters
e-mail: [email protected]
Email subject : WEP Environment
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4 July by Skype.