Are you a data science student interested in applying your knowledge to enable technologies in the field of water and subsurface?
Internship Data Science
Deltares has a broad spectrum of specialisms such as water, subsurface and infrastructure. The working language is English. On the basis of your study, experience and interests we will look into possibilities we can offer. We are always curious to hear your ideas and plans!
What can you expect as an intern?
An internship at Deltares will give you the opportunity to be involved in the day-to-day activities of a leading company in her field. As an intern you will get exposure to real-life projects and challenges in an innovative knowledge-driven environment and gain real world experience. You have the opportunity to work with leading specialists in their field. You will be a full member of the team. Together with the team you will tackle issues raised by one of our national or international clients. Projects at Deltares are always a combination of theory and practical application with an entrepreneurial mind-set. During your internship you will receive guidance and supervision by one of our employees. He/she is your guide, mentor and colleague.
The internship starts in September 2018 and ends in March 2019. Deltares will provide the student allowance of €550 per month. We offer internships for Master students in the following topics:
- Flood Risks
- Adaptive Delta Planning
- Water & subsoil resources
There are a lot of different topics for an internship. For example:
- Using Earth Observation Data to measure the impact of Relative sea level rise on coasts;
- Development of a tool to process optical cable measurements to soil bathymetry for silty soil;
- Synthetic rainfall time series generator for flood risk management;
- Detection of impacting waves on coastal structures in high-speed video stream.
What does Deltares expect from you as an intern?
• You follow a study in the direction Data Science, Mathematics, Informatics or Computer Science;
• You have excellent skills in analytical thinking and communication;
• You are fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking);
• You are self-driven, pro-active and do not give up easily;
• You are a real team player.
Internship at Deltares
Deltares is an independent institute for applied research in the field of water, subsurface and infrastructure. Worldwide we work on smart solutions, innovations and applications for people, environment and society. To achieve our goals, we develop our own expertise, innovative software and services.
Deltares supports governments, industries, water boards, and municipalities in their ambitions to reduce water and energy consumption and developing and implementing sustainable energy technologies. Deltares places high demands on the quality of its knowledge and advice. Enabling Delta life is our core business.
We offer an informal, dynamic and challenging working environment. Your personal development and building on your resume is important to us.
Are you interested in this opportunity and do you fit the job qualifications? Then apply upload your CV and your motivation letter. The motivation letter should specify which of the Deltares’ five areas of expertise you are interested in.
For more information you may contact:
- Ghada El Serafy ([email protected]), Specialist in Data Science and Tiaravanni Hermawan ([email protected]) Researcher in technologies for flood risk management;
- Melissa Ruts HR Recruitment Officer ([email protected] , +31883358330).