World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Associate at our Washington, DC office. Under the direction of the Senior Policy Advisor, the Program Associate works to support program goals and objectives through conducting research and analysis, organizing information and materials, drafting reports, proposals and presentations, and assisting with project management, policy development and analysis. Coordinates major activities for the program, communicates with staff on ongoing activities, and administers and monitors budgets, contracts and other assigned projects. Coordinates closely with the Senior Director for Water and is considered part of the Water Team for participation in meetings, retreats, strategy sessions, etc.
- Performs research on specific issues for program staff. Gathers, organizes and analyzes information from a variety of sources. Stays current on issues related to program areas of focus. May assist with developing various databases to track information on conservation-related matters.
- Writes case studies, policy briefs, research summaries, informational documents, and presentation materials. Composes reports, briefings and other documents to summarize findings. Develops proposals, consulting agreements and other agreements for final approval.
- Serves as communications person for information related to the program. Identifies, coordinates and expedites the communication of information and issues within the team and with other NO, PO and WWF International team members.
- Assists in donor communications and fundraising activities, develops program-specific publications.
- Administers and monitors the budgets of assigned contracts and cooperative agreements, ensuring that data is accurate and timely. Reviews the status of budgets, identifies problems and formulate recommendations for corrective action as appropriate. Follows up on contract deliverables and other requirements. Updates project tracking database to ensure information is accurate.
- Helps manage administrative tasks for the department, including forms, business correspondence, and other materials. Drafts replies, refers inquiries to appropriate staff member. Ensures that filing and record-keeping is in compliance with organizational standards. May assist with meeting planning, travel arrangements, and other general office duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in related fields of study such as international affairs, water, or foreign policy. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have 2 years of professional work experience.
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a budget
- Initiative, ability to prioritize and complete work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to travel internationally is desired
- Foreign language skills are a plus
Please Note: This is a 1yr Limited Term position
Application Deadline is August 7th
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #17010
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.