The Program seeks to employ a utilities specialist to complete a capacity and needs assessment for five Tanzanian Water and Sanitation Authorities (WSSAs), identify appropriate interventions, and design a capacity building program to be implemented through the Water Services Team to assist the WSSAs to expand their service coverage and/or to increase service accessibility, affordability, and reliability to its customers.
Considering the situation described above, seeks STTA to:
- Complete a desktop analysis of WSSA current level/quality of service and opportunities for interventions based on EWURA regional and district reporting and other relevant information
- Based on the desktop analysis and discussion with staff, complete a draft consultant methodology and work plan for submission/approval prior to commencement
- Complete a comprehensive organizational and technical capacity assessment of WSSAs: Morogoro, Iringa, Mafinga, Njombe and Ifakara partnered with the program with a focus on water services
- Design a capacity support program for WSSAs Morogoro, Iringa, Mafinga, Njombe and Ifakara in collaboration with relevant stakeholders and STTA with a focus on development/enhancement of business plans, investment plans and management plans that are capable of attracting funds from Government of Tanzania central funds and other development partners
- Support the implementation of capacity development program for WSSAs Morogoro, Iringa, Mafinga, Njombe and Ifakara in collaboration with Utilities Strengthening Specialist to assist the WSSAs to expand their service coverage and/or to increase service accessibility, affordability, and reliability to its customers
- Liase with Partnerships Specialist to identify areas for private sector support
This consultant will work closely with the Utilities Strengthening Specialist, to be hired by the program to implement the capacity building program designed by the consultancy.