Trócaire is an Irish Catholic Development Organization which works in solidarity with local development actors in over 20 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. Trócaire works through local partners who implement programmes in the organization’s priority areas of: Building sustainable livelihoods; Mobilizing for Justice; Preparing for and responding to emergencies; Responding to HIV/AIDS and; Promoting Gender equality.
In Kenya , Trocaire works with Caritas Meru as a local partner and wishes to engage a consultant who will work directly with the Caritas Meru in assessing river flow trends.
REF: CONSULTANCY TO TECHNICALY ASSESS RIVER FLOW TRENDS FOR RIVER RUGUTI AND WATER DEMAND ANALYSIS
Caritas Meru is a charitable organisation that works to promote and facilitate communities to meet their need through capacity building, social economic development, lobbying and advocacy for sustainable development while envisaging a prosperous and self-determined society which upholds human dignity in line with gospel values.
Contract title – Consultancy for river flows assessment
Contract Duration – 20 days
Location- Tharaka Nithi County – Kamwimbi/Kamaindi Locations
1. Purpose of the consultancy
The overall purpose of the consultancy is:
Carry out an assessment on river Ruguti to establish river flow trends since that is where Gitoogo Kamaindi Water Project abstracts water.
Carry out water demand analysis and recommend on the appropriate irrigation technologies for the GKWP farmers.
- A program for the assessment process
- Provide hydrological characteristics and analysis of river Ruguti
· Assess the farming technologies applied and their impact and recommend the most efficient water management technologies
· Assess crop water requirement for the irrigated crops
· Provide analysis of the general catchment management possibilities
The Consultant should have:
· At least a degree in water/irrigation engineering or hydrology and/or related technical field.
· Minimum 3 years skilled experience in the same field.
· Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
· Good working knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel)
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English
The consultancy is expected to take twenty (20) days. He/she is not expected to sub contract or delegate his responsibilities to any other party. This includes all work from inception to final report writing.
The consultant shall pay the taxes, levies and other impositions levied under the applicable law and Trocaire will deduct such taxes as may be lawfully required (ie. withholding tax).
Trocaire contract procedures and standards shall apply before, during and after the completion of the assignment.
The potential consultants are requested to send their profiles with CVs, cover letter and relevant certificates on or before August 3rd, 2016 to [email protected] with subject line RIVER FLOW ASSESSMENT.
Ensure you attach the filled work plan, breakdown of expenses and your physical address, and PIN certificate.