Want to use your skills in Community and Events Fundraising to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
WaterAid is at an exciting time. With an ambition to bring clean water and safe sanitation to everyone everywhere by 2030, there’s a need for something big to happen in our fundraising and supporter engagement work in the UK.
Join us as our Community and Events Fundraising Manager responsible for leading and managing a team to deliver a varied community and events portfolio.
By delivering sector leading fundraising events and by providing innovative ways for existing and new supporters to engage with WaterAid, we will deepen their commitment and significantly increase income for the organisation. You will explore new opportunities using insight and sector knowledge to develop community engagement and events presence, significantly growing the volume, impact and income of our programme and pushing the team to play a key part in delivering the Mass Engagement department strategy.
This a full time permanent contract.
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
- Substantial proven experience of events management and growing events activity.
- Proven experience of mass participation events and of leading, developing, managing and growing a community fundraising portfolio.
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team to achieve challenging targets and providing meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising best practice, data compliance, legal requirements and health & safety, and experience of providing advice to groups and/or individuals.
With a commitment to our vision, you’ll get inspiration from the change you help make happen. We appreciate and respect different people and ideas, allow the chance to grow and the space to be yourself at your best.
Excellent benefits include:
- 28 annual holiday days, plus bank holidays and additional leave purchase
- 3%, 4% or 5% pension contributions double-matched by WaterAid
- Agile/flexible working and family friendly policies
Please note: We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Availability for interview is required week commencing 25 June 2018.
Applications will close end one minute before midnight on 17 June 2018.
- 16-08-04 Community Events Fundraising and Manager JD May 2018.pdf (0.90 MB)