As Water Programs Associate you’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our programs in the field. You’ll know the status of hundreds of water projects and will keep our records accurate, up to date and accessible for the rest of the organization. You’ll work with a small and hardworking team to make sure that charity: water’s funds are invested in the most relevant and effective water, sanitation & hygiene programs out there. You’ll help build new systems that make our partnerships models of efficiency and transparency and position our programs to achieve maximum impact today and over time.
- Serve as administrative lead for a portfolio of charity: water partners supporting all aspects of grants management.
- Assist with travel arrangements for the Programs team including but not limited to managing travel agendas, flights, visas and maintaining updated country information affecting travel.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings, draft meeting minutes, draft and review internal and external communication about the programs we fund, and draft team presentations. You will monitor action items from both team and partner meetings.
- Manage and monitor grants by: tracking the status of projects; maintaining historical records; managing timelines and ensuring the program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Maintain the grants database by cleaning historical project data and reviewing incoming project data from partners.
- Respond to external and internal requests related to programmatic data, including reporting to charity: water donors.
- Review specific components of partner proposals and reporting. You’ll be reviewing for accuracy, timeliness, compliance with format requirements.
- Liaise with other charity: water departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of relevant international experience or equivalent
- Great organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Excel
- Exposure to the water, sanitation and hygiene sector desirable
- Proficiency in additional languages helpful (French speakers are especially encouraged to apply)
You’re extremely organized
You can handle and prioritize several projects at once. You can turn a long thread of email correspondence into actionable items for multiple people.
You love Excel
You enjoy entering, sorting and updating spreadsheets.
Your take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects. You love gathering and serving up information from the field in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the organization.
You’re a great communicator
You can demonstrate effective partner relationship management by ensuring concise communications of needs and requirements. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You’re an avid team player.
You’re confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only. Limited domestic and international travel may be required.