Position: Senior Project Coordinator (WASH department)
Location: Iraq: Mosul/ Erbil with travels to field locations
Contract details: Permanent / Full-time
Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization. For 25 years, we have been providing relief in emergencies worldwide. We also run missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Iraq:
We returned to Iraq at the end of 2016 to respond to the needs of the civilian population caused by the fighting in Mosul. The PAH response team immediately began to provide humanitarian aid to the residents of the city, supplying food baskets and hygiene kits.
In 2017, Polish Humanitarian Action reached over 30 000 beneficiaries in Ninawa Governorate by providing food and hygiene assistance in cooperation with Czech Caritas Republic. Additional 23 000 beneficiaries from Erbil Governorate received food, hygiene or NFI assistance in project funded by Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
PAH’s current activities in Iraq include:
· swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
· improvement of quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response, following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
· response based on complementary programs and projects which are created in coordination with local authorities and local communities.
· support of Iraqi employees in improvement of personal potential and professional capacity.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Iraq is looking for a Senior Project Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to lead WASH project(s) coordination and implementation activities and to develop PAH WASH Program portfolio in Iraq Mission.
The person will hold the following responsibilities:
· Ensure proper timeframe and quality of project implementation;
· Ensure that all project activities are implemented in accordance with budget lines;
· Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives;
· Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings;
· Manage documentation in accordance with donor’s directives;
· Follow up with project implementation work plan and payments for contractual services;
· Implement project in line with PAH Project Cycle Management standards;
· Cooperate and improve capacity of local partners during project implementation;
· Monitor output achievement, cash burn rates and ensure a timely completion of the project;
· Represent PAH toward the donor(s) and government authorities;
· Effectively manage partnerships between PAH and implementing partner to ensure smooth collaboration;
· Ensure the visibility of PAH amongst humanitarian, donor and government actors throughout the project implementation;
· Report to donors and other stakeholders;
· Review field technical assessment and report, prepare project proposals and periodic reports;
· Attend WASH cluster meeting and other WASH coordinating meeting;
· Oversee PAH communication activities related to project including media visits, photographer’s mission, videos, etc.;
· Manage team members in terms of project implementation;
· Identify capacity building needs;
· Ensure good information flow within the team.
· Significant field experience in implementing WASH projects in post conflict settings (minimum 3 years);
· At least 3 years of experience in NGO and humanitarian assistance sector;
· At least 1 year of experience in managing teams in humanitarian programmes or projects;
· Ability to participate and develop proposals and project budget for the donors;
· Proven experience in training and capacity building;
· Experience in fundraising, project development and donor liaison;
· Previous experience from the region strongly desirable;
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
· Ability to adjust to difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances;
· Strong analytical skills and capacity to solve complex issues related to project’s delivery;
· Excellent skills in report writing;
· Knowledge of AutoCAD;
· Excellent spoken and written English;
· University degree.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
· Experience in coordination of EU funded projects;
· Good knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish;
· Diploma in Environmental Health, Public Health, Water Engineering, Humanitarian Assistance or any related field.
What PAH offers:
· Friendly and cooperative working atmosphere with development possibilities;
· A full-time contract for 1 year with a 3 month probationary period;
· Personal accidental insurance;
· Free accommodation, flights home covered every 3 months, 31 days of paid leave, additional medical insurance, psychological support package if expatriate.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application form including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than June 14th.
National candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is also open to international candidates.
Please do not include photos in your application documents.
We kindly inform you that only short-listed candidates will be notified and that we reserve the right to terminate the recruitment process before the application deadline.