This is a new and exciting role within CISL’s dynamic and fast-paced Natural Capital team. We engage with a global network of companies to determine how, through strategies and operating practices, business can sustain the natural world and its resources.
As the Programme Manager you will work with companies to help them understand their impacts and dependencies on soil, water and biodiversity, identifying how to measure and manage them effectively. You will be developing and facilitating groups of businesses working to explore and expand their capabilities to address resource degradation through commercially viable strategies. You will develop new commercial leads, identify fundraising opportunities and write bids as new prospects are developed.
You will contribute to the Natural Capital Impact Group and other key partnerships including engaging with academics of the University of Cambridge and internationally recognised researchers. You will be expected to act with a high level of independence and to work proactively, using your own initiative.
We are seeking applicants committed to the values that underpin CISL’s work, who can demonstrate they have the following essential skills and experience:
- A degree in a relevant field/academic background or equivalent professional experience.
- Expertise in natural capital, ecosystems and other sustainability issues, and how these affect business.
- Experience of the commercial realities of investing in natural capital within corporate operations. Demonstrating a sound understanding of corporate supply chains and technical consideration of their impacts and dependencies upon the natural environment.
- Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders including business leaders.
- Previous project management experience and skills, including financial planning and bid writing, with experience of developing, maintaining and delivering against budgets.
- Confident facilitator and excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of working as part of a project team and networking widely with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically with good analytical skills and a high standard of attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative, be flexible and manage competing priorities, and to manage others in that context.
- Proven success in identifying new funding sources and supporting funding applications.
The following attribute is desirable:
- Event management experience
This post is full-time and located in Cambridge.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below. This will route you to the University’s Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Informal enquiries may be made to the CISL Human Resources team, [email protected].
Please quote reference EN15528 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.