The project aims at improving the wastewater treatment operations to the urban population. The contract will provide technical advisory services with focus on the restructuring of the existing organisational setup of the WWTPs, adjustment of operation and maintenance processes as well as capacity building, training and operational coaching.
The experts shall take over the following (provisional) specific tasks within the project:
- Organizational assessment and restructuring
- Training need assessments and staff capacity analysis
- Improvement of treatment processes, procurement and maintenance systems
- Provide practical training to operating staff and technicians on O&M
- Development of SOPs
- Preparation of budgets and investment plans for sustainable operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment systems
- Management training
- University degree or equivalent in an appropriate field
- Strong representational and cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong report writing skills (English)
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the O&M of WWTPs in industrial as well as in developing/transition countries. Longer professional experience will be considered an asset.
- Capacity development and practical training delivery related to operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment systems
- Relevant professional experience in the Middle East countries would be an asset
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement. Arabic knowledge would be an asset