The Key role and responsibilities of this position includes to support the required surveys with close coordination of project specialists and map flood risks, mitigations, watershed, support the impelemnatation of civil and green engineering plans of the project. The post holder to provide thecnical support in designe of civil engineering-agricultural part of the project. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Geotechnical engineers have an educational background typically based on one or more of the following engineering disciplines: civil, geological, mining and geo environmental. The involvement of geotechnical engineers within the mining industry is required in many areas including, for example, infrastructure design, rock engineering and slope stability, tailings and mine waste engineering, heap leach engineering, mine water management and mine reclamation and closure.
Examples of the services provided by our geotechnical engineers span all phases of the mine life cycle and include the following: geotechnical investigation, foundation design, design and assessment of mine waste management and water management facilities, open pit and underground geotechnics, hazard and risk assessments, monitoring and instrumentation, mine planning and financial evaluations, construction management and quality assurance, specialist and expert opinions for technical or legal disputes.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Education: Civil engineering with master degree or relevant.
· Total Work Experience: at least five years working background in relevant field.
· Applying hydrologic and hydraulic principles and making calculations.
· Coordinating diverse hydrological, engineering and operational activities.
· Gathering and analyzing project engineering related data.
· Use of computer-based resources to create, maintain, manipulate and report data and activities.
· reading and interpreting topographic maps, aerial photos, legal descriptions, sketches and graphs
Contract length: 2.5 year, Unaccompanied
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Closing date for this advert is 11 June 2018.