Objective of this assignment is to produce urban sanitation studies and to develop relevant strategies for managing fecal sludge and engaging the private sector in selected secondary cities of Rwanda.
We are looking for an experienced International Team Leader who shall be responsible for the smooth and timely implementation of the project.
He/she will initiate, facilitate and monitor the data collection and analysis and oversee the development of the Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) strategy and the private sector involvement framework.
- Overall Management, coordination and monitoring of activities; including administration and reporting as well as all aspects related to financial management such as budget planning and financial controlling;
- Assignment, steering and coordination of personnel;
- Reporting to the project management bodies;
- Coordination with the donor and relevant partner organizations and key stakeholders;
- Quality control for measures implemented and advisory services provided by the project team, including quality control of all reports and documents.
- At least a Master’s Degree (university or equivalent institution or a recognized professional qualification) in Water and Sanitation, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Urban Management or any other relevant field;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the fields of urban sanitation and fecal sludge management;
- Proven past experience as team leader;
- At least 5 years proven experience in implementing sanitation projects and studies in developing countries;
- Proven experience with working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners;
- Regional experience, preferably Rwanda;
- Very good English language skills are a fundamental requirement, knowledge of french is beneficial
Theda Matthiesen [email protected]