Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: To facilitate the effective and successful planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Water, sanitation and Hygiene Promotion Programme activities in the Township and villages/wards/IDPs camps assigned – in collaboration with the Project Officer and through supervision of assigned staff.
As part of the WASH intervention, to safeguard and improve the public health of the affected population by:
- Promoting safe Hygiene practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services;
- Ensuring appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Budget Responsibilities: No financial approval
Role Dimensions: No regular contact
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Water testing for Physical, Chemical and Microbiology with the DelAgua kit or Wagtech. Manage and collect all water samples and ensure safe storage .
- Prepare the P.R for necessary water quality materials and report regularly water quality analysis result to line manager.
- Ensure community mobilization, and facilitate community-based project activities through regular interaction with children and community members, including providing training, guidance and support.
- Ensure that the programme benefits the poorest and most disadvantaged children.
- Assist PO to train community development facilitators, Volunteers and Village WASH Committee members.
- Assist and facilitate capacity building workshops for variety of stakeholders.
- Liasise with other sectors of SCI, village authorities and departmental officials regarding the project activities as necessary
- Assist supervisor in preparing township work plan and budget estimation
- Keep records of activities, and report regularly and as requested on programme progress
- Help to facilitate community to promote in public health hygiene behaviours
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ensure that action is taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH programme.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
- Promote safe Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Help to identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Always acts in the best interests of children
- Diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Chemical and Biological knowledge, public health, health or Hygiene Promotion, community development, or community water supply and sanitation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 1 year or more experience relevant of water quality test and public health promotion
- More than1 year of experience in Humanitarian and development area regarding to WASH knowledge.
- Fair enough English skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable
- Proven team working ability
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in difficult environment according to time restriction
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to: Human Resources Department| Save the Children| Wizaya Plaza-First Floor| 226 U Wisara Road| Bahan Township| Yangon| Myanmar Email address: [email protected] not later than 5 P.M., 07 June 2018 (Thursday).