Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.
The overall objective of this position is to contribute to significant business growth for Black & Veatch in mine water management leveraging industry knowledge, specialist skills and existing client relationships. The role requires an in-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of operational mine water, water treatment and tailings management throughout the mine lifecycle encompassing a broad spectrum of commodities in the international mining industry. The candidate will be an expert in mine water management with a proven track record in water resource management, water balance modeling, and strategic water management planning and implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
• Provision of competent consulting services to support pursuits, projects and clients.
• Project manager on mine water management including mine water treatment and tailings technical studies on a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary basis
• Project management and co-ordination including: information control, planning and programming of works, commercial and contractual control, procurement, ensuring progress meetings are undertaken, production of progress and financial reports, close liaison with the client and their representatives, safety and quality control.
• Development of site and catchment-scale water balance models.
• Prepare sound technical and commercial mining consulting services proposals for clients.
• Work with business development and delivery teams to ensure that execution meets client expectations.
• Assist mining team business development efforts and/or lead these efforts where appropriate by leveraging existing mining industry relationships.
• Understand, live and demonstrate Black & Veatch Core Values and associated behaviors.
• Minimum 20 years consulting and operations experience with an international mining company or consulting firm, including on-site experience at mines in multiple geographies.
• Proven experience in mine water management, project management, life of mine study execution, and mine closure.
• Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in Engineering preferably with specialization in water treatment or similar relevant discipline.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Relevant experience of project development work at a senior level for international projects and a range of commodities.
• Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, within budget and to the client satisfaction.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively in a globally matrixed business development organization and lead proposal teams
• Ability to lead, guide, and mentor team of professionals to create collaboration.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to interface with multiple offices and cultures.
• Understanding of budgets and financial and performance metrics.
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible to multiple demands of project teams and shifting priorities.